Friday, September 21, 2007

Soy Sauce Ribs

I messed up my ribs last time, this time I'm redeeming myself. I have help this time. I got a recipe from my parents. This one is from my homeland, Mother China. Soy sauce ribs, aka 1-2-3 ribs you'll see why.

1 tblspn wine (I used sherry)
2 tblspn of vinegar (forgot to include this in the picture)
3 tblspn of sugar
4 tblspn of soy sauce
a bit of oil
a couple stems of green onions
a couple slices of ginger
2 lbs of spare ribs



First in a pot, add the oil and sizzle the green onions and ginger for a few minutes. Then mix the sauce ingredients. Throw in the ribs and sauce and brush the sauce all over the ribs. The recipe said to simmer for about half an hour. The juice from the ribs made the sauce light. That's not suppose to happen.



Oh well, I'll taste it anyway. It's a lot of ribs, I'll just have half of it. I'll continue to cook the other half.



It is blandish. The ribs itself is a little tougher than I like too. Let see how the other half turns out.

I cook the ribs until the juice almost all evaporates. the sauce is now dark and thick.



I had the ribs the next day and this is how it is suppose to be. Good stuff, taste sweet and soy saucy. More tender than yesterday too. So the idea is to cook it until the sauce is thick and dark, skip the recommended time in recipes. Judging my eyes is how to do this.

-a

No comments: