Thursday, October 4, 2007

Curry Cornish Hen

I had one more Cornish Hen that was frozen in my freezer, time to use it.
I always like curry chicken, this will be the first time I ever make it.

One Cornish Hen cut in half, marinaded in salt and pepper.
a can of coconut milk
one and a half tablespoon of curry powder
a small onion
a bit of ginger
a potato
Rice as a side



Internet recipes all cut the chicken in pieces and cooked in the curry. I'm using a Cornish Hen and my knifes sucks, so I'm cooking the chicken separately and pouring the curry sauce on top of it.

Throw the chicken in the oven, 450 for 30 min. I want it crispy, I covered the chicken with olive oil and bake at high temp. Man, I need better ventilation in my condo, I got the place smokey.



Skin and chop the potato into cubes and boil it for 10 minutes. Put oil in a pot and brown the onion and ginger for a few minutes then pour the coconut milk in. Add curry powder and some salt. Drain the potato and dump that in too. Let that simmer for about 15 minutes. The house is starting to smell.



When everything is done, take the chicken out, rice on the side and pour the curry sauce all over the chicken and rice.



It taste pretty good, not enough salt. I added more salt and it taste great. It's the kind of food that I don't really want to use the effort to eat the meat off the bone. I understand why I should have used boneless small chicken chunks. Not too spicy, kinda sweet. This is good stuff. After venting the condo with open windows for an hour, I'm very happy with this dish.

-a

No comments: