Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Lazy man's Seafood Gumbo

I had toothache and didn't feeling chewing much. I'm making gumbo!
I looked up how to make gumbo from scratch and just didn't feel like doing all the work. I bought some gumbo mix, a bunch of vegetables and went to work.



1 pack of Zatarain's Gumbo mix. (They're so good it doesn't make sense to make it from scratch)
a few stalks of celery
a yellow onion
a stem of green onion
a couple mild peppers (I'm not sure what kind, below is a picture of it, maybe you know what kind)
a can of crab meat
about a dozen oysters (thanks mom)
Random dashes of Louisiana hot sauce



I threw everything except the crab and oysters in a big pot, add 6 cups of water and bring to a boil. Simmer for ten minutes and throw in the crab and oysters. Simmer for another 15 minutes and it's ready.



I was good. The oyster goes great with the gumbo. Everything was perfect. Yeah, using prepackaged mix might be cheating considering that I'm writing a cooking blog about it. It was good and I don't care.

-a

No comments: