Monday, August 13, 2007

Pan seared ribeye steak

Simple steak, I've done steak before and did them quite well. But this is a new method that I'm trying out. Usually, I throw a steak and a pan and cook until done at medium rare like I like it. This time I'm going to just sear the outside at super high heat and finish it in the oven. It is suppose to create a caramelized outer crust that is gonna be tasty. Here it goes!

Ribeye steak, about 2/3 pound, an inch thick
sea salt
fresh grounded pepper
oil
frozen broccolis as a side



First I rub the salt and pepper on both sides and let the steak rest until it's room temperature. Then I heat the pan at high heat for a few minutes. Add the oil and let that get super hot. Meanwhile the oven is preheating to 275.

Throw the steak on, 2 minutes a side. It already look delicious. Throw it in the oven. I think this part need some adjusting. I was busy doing laundry and other stuff and lost track of time here. So I don't know how long it was in there for. Frozen broccolis are being microwaved now too.

Put everything on th plate for picture time.



This steak probably could've ben good, but I overcooked it. I like steak at medium rare and it came out medium well.



I had to use steak sauce to chew down this shoe leather. As thin this steak is, I probably could've skipped the whole oven part. The caramelized crust thing was good though. The outside of the steak was actually excellent, just the dried and tough overcooked inside that I didn't like. I've done better steak before. This kinda suck.

-a

No comments: