Monday, December 3, 2007

Curry Chicken

OK it's been a while. Lately, I've been repeating recipes and been busy haven't updated in over a month. And I've been lazy, I have 2 dishes with pictures and I just haven't written about them. Here is one I repeated, Curry chicken. Last time i made sauce and poured them on a cornish hen. This time I do it properly, bite size chicken pieces and heated in the sauce.

About 2 pounds of chicken thighs cut into small bite size pieces
Salt
Curry powder
2 cans of coconut milk (I only used one in the picture and decided I needed both later)
1 large onion
1 large potato
chopped carrot and celery
a couple slices of ginger.



First marinade the chicken with just salt for a day. Bake the chicken at 350 for a half hour. After that, drain the chicken, set it aside for a little bit.

Chop up and boil the potato for about 10 min. Chop the onion and ginger and sizzle in a pot with oil for a minute. Pour in the coconut milk and add about 1 and a half table spoon of curry powder. Drain the chopped potato and add to sauce. Add the chicken after about 15 minutes. Let the potato pieces break down a bit to thicken the sauce.



Cook everything for about another 15 min and it's good. I served it with rice.



I liked this, I'm glad I made a lot and this fed me for a few days. This time the vegetables was a welcomed addition. Everything in a sauce was better than pouring the sauce on top. Will do this again. Next time more potatoes.

-a

No comments: