Sunday, March 16, 2008

Corned Beef and Cabbage

To celebrate St. Patrick's Day besides drinking myself silly, I'm making corned beef and cabbage. I found this recipe through Google and it seem very easy.

a 3 lbs piece of corned beef brisket
a big head of cabbage
5 carrots
7 red potatoes.



First, I put the corned beef and the flavor packet that came with in my dutch oven. I put enough water in the dutch oven to cover the brisket. I let that simmer for about 2 and half hours.

I then put in the chopped carrots and potatoes. The recipe said to put in the potatoes whole, I had to chop mine because they are bigger and my dutch oven is not that big. Everything have to fit. I let that cook for about 20 minutes.

Then I took the brisket out and put the chopped cabbage in. Again, I have to do this because my dutch oven is not big enough to fit everything. Cook all the vegetables for about 15-20 minutes.

Let the brisket rest for 10 minutes, then carve.



Put everything together and eat.



This was very easy to make and pretty damn good too. One of those can't mess it up recipes. I might do this more often than just having it during St. Patrick's Day.

-a

No comments: