Saturday, January 12, 2008

Curry Shrimp

Last night I hosted a little get together. Played Monopoly, I dominated. I also cooked dinner, I kicked some ass doing that too. I'm awesome.

I made curry shrimp.

2 pounds of shrimps
2 cans of coconut milk
2 table spoon of curry powder
unmeasured about a table spoon of chili powder
a couple hand full of sliced carrots
2 cucumbers
a medium sized onion
2 stems of green onions
a hand full of cilantros
some salt
jasmine rice on the side



Cook the rice first, that takes about a half hour, this curry dish only takes about 20-25 minutes to make.

First, chop up all the vegetables. In a pot add oil and saute the onion, green onions, and ginger for a few minutes to get it smelling good. Pour in the coconut milk, curry powder, chili powder, cucumber, and carrots. Bring it to a light boil and mix it and add salt, taste and add more until it taste good. Let that simmer for about 12-15 minutes. Add the shrimps and mix again. Let it cook for about 5 minutes and adjust salt again. Keep mixing. give it another minute, take it off of the heat. Add a bunch of chopped cilantro and it's done.



I served it with the rice that is just finishing up.



This was good. Got good reviews from my friends as well. Maybe they're just being nice. So I'm the ultimate judge and I liked it. If I was cooking for myself I probably would've throw in a couple hot peppers. But I know not everyone can handle the heat, so I skip that part.

This is better than the curry chicken. I like curry and will definitely continue to try different curry dishes. This is an 8, the chicken was a 6-7.

-a

No comments: