Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ham and Cheese Rolls

This is a snack thing that I made. I had this before, I just don't remember when and where.

Sliced ham
Cream cheese
Cucumber
Tortilla



There is really no cooking involved with this. I just had to put it together. I'll make it up by taking more pictures.

Cut the cucumber into strips, not too thin. Cut them about a quarter inch thick square and about the length of a half of the tortilla.

Lay a tortilla flat and spread the cream cheese on top of it. Use a lot, cover the entire tortilla. Put a couple slices of ham on top of that. Leave about a quarter of the cream cheese uncovered away from you. Put a couple strips of cucumber on the edge, line them up like the picture below.



Roll it up around the cucumber. The extra cream cheese at the end will make it stick. Then cut it into thick slices.



I made a bunch. I like it.



This is a good easy snack thing to make. I will probably try variations in the future. Maybe add avocado, maybe try flavored cream cheese, turkey, smoked salmon... I don't know, possibilities are endless.

-a

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of salmon, we're having a salmon recipe contest: WIN A SUMMER OF WILD SALMON. The person who submits the best salmon recipe will win 15 lbs. of wild salmon. We'd love to have you enter a recipe as well as help us spread the word to your blog fans and foodie friends. Recipes can be entered at MarxFoods.com