Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Pulled Pork 2nd attempt

I liked it so much last time, I made it for a superbowl party this time.

3.5 lb pork shoulder
liquid smoke
3 cloves of garlic
a stem of green onion
Chili powder
Salt and pepper
1 mystery hot pepper (not that hot)
some vinegar
lots of barbeque sauce

This time around, I marinaded the pork before cooking it. I marinaded the pork in liquid smoke, smashed garlic, hot pepper, chili powder, salt and pepper overnight.



Then I put it on a baking tray and wrap that tight with foil. It is important that very little moisture escape. Bake it at 325 for 4 and a half hours.



Next is my favorite part, ripping it apart. Use two forks and go to town. Tear it into shreds. When it is all shredded up, I pour on the barbeque sauce. I used a lot.



I love pulled pork. This one was good. The marinade adds a lot of flavor. The liquid smoke is ok, but since I don't have a smoker, this will have to do.

Too bad I had to take it to the party. Over the course of the game, this got cold and was not as good later on. But next time I make this for myself, I will try to do the same thing. Maybe try a different hot pepper.

-a

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks goooood. You should try using a slow cooker - it will keep it warm if you need to leave it out :)