Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Seared Tuna - 2nd attempt

I made seared tuna again. This time I added some more fanciness to it. I bought a new cast iron skillet and now I can sear things at super hot temperature. This is perfect.

2 pieces of tuna steak
soy sauce
a lemon
2 stems of green onion
salt and pepper.
sesame oil
sliced almonds



First I marinaded the tuna in soy sauce, salt, pepper, and juice of a half of a lemon. Last time I marinaded overnight and it was too salty. This time, I only marinade for an hour.

I heat up the skillet nice and hot with cooking spray. Then I sear the tuna for just about 2 minutes on each side. I want to leave it rare on the inside.

When it's done, I top it with sesame oil and sliced almonds just to add an extra touch. Something to make it mine. Hehee.

I made green beans and rice as sides. Use the other half of the lemon for extra juice.



I liked this dish. Much better than last time. Tuna picks up flavor pretty good, it taste almost like red meat. I gonna experiment a bit with some new marinades next time.

-a

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alex, hey Kara forwarded me your blog, it looks like you are making some pretty yummy stuff. Bruce and I have done a similar tuna recipe, but we sliced the tuna into small pieces and then served with soy sauce and wasabi. I think the actual seasoning on the tuna is minimal. It is usually an appetizer served at restaurants. Also, you should check out this web site called Allrecipies.com. People post and rate recipes, you can usually find some good stuff and then change the recipe to your tastes. I use it a lot to find new recipes.

Carrie