Monday, July 16, 2007

Abalone



I didn't cook this, it was a gift. This is abalone. It may be ugly but this is a super Chinese delicacy. This piece, about 2 inches by 1 inch by 1.5 inches cost probably over 20 bucks, maybe more, maybe a lot more. Abalone is no joke, and I get to eat it. I've had abalone before but not one this big. It was good, doesn't taste like any other thing I ever tasted, but good. A bit chewy but in a good way. Personally I'd never buy it, too expensive, but when it's a gift, hells yea.

-a

2 comments:

Did You Stop to Think? said...

Thank goodness for this entry; your other ones make me hungry! Please stop using pictures. Hmm. This entry makes me wary, not hungry, the picture, that is.

Anonymous said...

I searched for something completely different, but found your website! And have to say thanks. Nice read. Will come back.