Saturday, July 7, 2007

Lamb Shank

I usually don't eat this well, but I want the blog to be interesting.
Yesterday I made lamb shank. I found a recipe on Google and kinda followed it. I made lamb shanks before so I have some ideas on what I should be doing. I changed it up a bit this time.

2 Lamb shanks
some rosemary
some curry powder
4 cups of beef broth
salt and pepper
an onion
several carrots
a couple cloves of garlic



I put the lamb shanks, the beef broth, garlic, and the spices in a dutch oven and bring it to a boil. I didn't measure anything really, I just haphazardly threw the spices in. After it boiled, I put it in the oven at 325 degrees. After the 2 hour mark I cut the onion and carrots and dump that in. I made a pack of whole grain rice as a side.



I continue to cook the whole thing for another hour (3 total) then it's done. The recipe said 3 hours, I think I left it in too long though.



Ok, this time around it wasn't as good as the last time. The meat is suppose to be falling off the bone tender and it is, but too much. It is a bit soggy; I cooked it too long. Taste-wise, it is good, maybe a bit salty but the rice offset that. Next time I have to watch the clock and not overcook it. Next time I might throw in some more ingredients too, maybe some peas or something.

-a

No comments: