Saturday, July 21, 2007

Lobster Tail

This one is a total impulse buy. I was a bit hung over and I went to the groceries store and saw lobster tail on sale. It was like half the regular price. So all of the sudden I wanted lobster tails. I don't know anything about cooking lobster, but I didn't care. I googled it and found a basic recipe and I lazied it up a bit and simplified it a bit. Th lobster tails are previously frozen and was on ice when I bought it. I was suppose to defrost it but it was an impulse buy so I want it NOW. I just rinse it with water, it didn't feel that cold and it was flexible so I figure it was ready to go.



2 lobster tails
olive oil
sea salt
pepper
a clove of garlic minced
a bit of rosemary leaves

I start off by chopping the tail in half lengthwise. Then basically throw everything on top of the meat. I was still a bit hung over and didn't feel like doing things perfect. I used a lot of oil, the recipe said to do that.



Preheated the oven to 400 degrees and baked them for 10 minutes.



The lobster tail was good, totally hit the spot. The meat was a bit tough, but I bought it frozen so I kinda expected that. Not enough oil, I should have had some oil on the side to dip. I was still happy with it. Next time though, I will try to fancy it up a bit. Put a little more planning in it, maybe try white sauce and cheese.

I gotta stop with the impulse buys. Even though it was on sale, it was still more expensive for a semi-meal then I should be spending. It wasn't really that much food.

-a

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! why didn't you call me! That looks great.

Alex said...

Ok, anonymous. I'll call anonymous..