Thursday, July 26, 2007

Oyster Omelet

My mom gave me a bunch of oyster. They are good, pretty large ones and I got a bunch. More oyster dishes to come. Thanks mom!

Tonight, I made oyster omelet. I've had it at some restaurant before and I liked it, plus it sounds simple enough. Problem was I didn't pay attention to what else goes in it. Oh well, I'll just have to wing it.. again.

3 eggs
6 medium size oysters.
1 stem of green onion
1 chunk of ginger (not as much as shown int he picture)
oil
salt and pepper


First, I made a salsa-like thing with the green onion and ginger. I chopped it all up very fine and tossed it in oil over high heat in a pan for a few minutes. This is a salsa-like thing that goes good with chicken in Chinese dishes, and since I'm not making chicken... I don't know...



Then I rinsed the defrosted oysters, mom said to use water with some corn syrup instead of just water. OK, will do and did.

Break and scramble the eggs, then add some salt and pepper for taste. Throw the egg in a pan sprayed with non-stick canola oil and fry away. Standard omelet procedure, throw everything on top, fold, and flip. Unfortunately, my omelet folding skill is not up to par. It got a little sloppy. An oyster even escaped.



I topped it with some oyster sauce, because it goes well with the green onion-ginger mix. It tasted good, but I used too much oyster sauce, but after I pushed them off to the side the omelet was delicious. Good stuff, the "salsa" actually went really well with the oyster. Not very much food, I should have made more, like 9 oysters and maybe one more egg. Plus I need to learn how to fold an omelet better.

-a

No comments: